Sunday 21 July 2024

Thankful for Ashes

There are several levels of destruction
For instance if fire burns down a building
It may not be a complete ruin
But when it’s said it burned to ashes…
 
This means there was nothing to salvage
It’s a total ruin; irredeemable loss
However our Lord says…I give beauty for ashes
With Him my loss is a set up for a win
 
We may experience series of setbacks...
There may be questions as to why what happened;
We may wonder why the mishap in the first place;
But I will wear a garment of redemption
 
My story is still being written...
Though painful; it’s a part of my journey
Soon I will turn a new page
My beauty days are here in Jesus name
 
We therefore must release our ashes
You can’t hold on to the loss
You can’t stay in the place of pain
You must let go; look forward to beauty
 
Whatever the devil used to make you weep…
The Lord will replace with even more joy
You will yet see His redeeming love
But you must leave the place of mourning
 
Through your tears you must see His light
You must hear Him in the midst of the storm
You must name your beauty and wait with expectation
You must believe His word; Beauty replaces my ashes
 
To all who mourn in Israel, he will give beauty for ashes, joy instead of mourning, praise instead of despair... Isi 61:3        …tejuwrite…

No comments:

Post a Comment

No To Poverty

How do you tell a child there’s no food? Hope you know the child won’t understand The child would also not stop crying Asking you for what t...