Saturday 8 June 2019

Beloved

I have enjoyed God's favour. I have been helped.  I have received God's love,  its real and unconditional. I have looked at my life, it's been one of grace, great grace.
I have been loved, I'm still been loved.  I wonder what I am. I can't say it enough, God's been good to me. This depicts the story of Jacob, son of Isaac, grandson of Abraham.

Born a twin, his brother Esau was cued to inherit the blessed ancestry. Cunningly he got his bro to sell out. Or who offers a brother food and demands a birthright.

A deceiver just as his name Jacob. No wonder his dad had little love for him. But before we were introduced to him. God had chosen him right inside his mother's womb.

His bad behavior sent him out of his father's house. While on the run he had an encounter with the God of his forebears. The God that will later choose to be named with a fugitive.

The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. A name that will resonate forever. This is one unfit candidate for Gods eternal link. It's been said, God chooses the unqualified and qualifies the chosen.

His story just like mine, reveals the extent of God's love. I have tried to look for what Jacob did that qualified him for such love. I'm still searching but so far I find nothing but grace, great grace.

Those that cling to worthless idols forfeit the grace that could be theirs. This words of Jonah is one of my favorite verse of scripture.  Iam a product of grace,  and I don't have enough words to convey my gratitude.

This grace can be for just anyone who will turn back from wickedness to follow Jesus. In Christ is the greatest of graces. Make Jesus Lord and see how His grace will make you a winner.

Lord Jesus, I confess you as my Lord. Forgive me my sins and make me yours. Please reveal yourself to me and help me to enjoy your grace henceforth. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

No To Poverty

How do you tell a child there’s no food? Hope you know the child won’t understand The child would also not stop crying Asking you for what t...